Information for Goshen Registration
Camp Days: July 14 - July 20, 2019
What is Goshen?
- Goshen is a Scout Reservation designed for camping, swimming, hiking, and a host of special activities.
- Goshen has six different Scout and Cub Scout camps on 4000+ acres built around Lake Merriwether in southwest Virginia, about 200 miles (3 and 1/2 hours) from Washington, DC.
- The Goshen Scout Reservation is owned and operated by the National Capital Area Council and is visited by thousands of scouts each year.
- Traditionally, Pack1169 has attended the Goshen Reservation’s best camp: Camp PMI.
- Your scout is eligible if he is a rising Webelo 1 or rising Web2/Arrow of Light (i.e., started the year as a Bear or Webelo 1).
- Camp staff are cheerful, enthusiastic young adults and older teenagers, many of whom attended Goshen when they were Scouts.
- Check out the Pack 1169 photos from a previous year's trip,
- Webpage for PMI-specific information (scroll down to view last year’s schedule and FAQ, and expect updates as Summer approaches):
- Parents sleep separately from their Scouts.
- Scouts typically pair up in platform tents.
- Parents often accompany their Scouts on daily activities, joining in the fun
Each Scout, depending on his age, size, and interest, can participate in any of the following areas:
- Shooting Sports
- Scout Crafts
- Handicrafts, and more....
ALL Campers (Scouts and Parents) need to have a signed, documented physical exam within 12 months of the camp start date
- There are NO exceptions
Visit link to the medical form your physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner must sign
- The applicable parts are A, B, and C (part D does not apply)
(handled through the Goshen Coordinator)
- The Goshen Scout fee information is available here https://www.gotogoshen.org/registration/#costs
- Pack Supplies (covers pack-supplied food, camp-supplies) - ~$45 per person
- Camp T-shirt - ~ $13-$20 per person (depending on volume)
- For financial aid information, contact the Pack1169 Goshen coordinator
- Rising Webelos 1 or rising Arrow of Light
- That is, entered school year as Bear or Webelos 1 Scouts
- Parents are not required to attend, but are encouraged to do so
- Particularly for 1st year Scout attendees
- Email den leaders if you plan to attend or are undecided and need more time or information