Pack 1169 is chartered by the Neil Armstrong Elementary School Parent Teacher Association with the Powhatan District of the National Capital Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America. The pack consists of ~80 cub scouts divided into 10 dens (2 dens per rank). The scouts represent a culturally diverse mix of boys from Armstrong Elementary School and several other local public and private schools as well as several home-schooled boys.
The pack meets monthly (typically the 3rd or 4th Friday evening) in the cafeteria at Armstrong Elementary School or at UCP. Dens typically have regular meetings/outings once or twice per month.
Each year, the pack hosts a Pinewood Derby, a Bake-Off, Blue Gold Banquet, Family Camping Trip, and a Raingutter Regatta. The pack also participates in numerous service projects including Scouting for Food, Toys for Tots, Potomac Watershed Stream Cleanup, and Adopt-A-Highway. Individual dens participate in numerous other civic, cultural, and outdoor activities.
PACK 1169 BOARD
- Cubmaster - Ross Morrison
- Committee Chair - Monique Chimento
- Charter Rep. - Tony Shivers
- Unit Commissioner - Jeff Smith
- Treasurer - John Phillips
- Lion Den (Kindergarden)
- Tiger Den (1st Grade)
- Monique Chimento - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolf Den (2nd Grade)
- Ross Morrison email@example.com
- Bear Den (3rd Grade)
- Den 3 - Sarah Ince and Eric Nielsen
- Webelos Dens (4th & 5th Grade)
- Den 4 - John Cochran firstname.lastname@example.org
- Den 11 - Monique Chimento email@example.com
- Popcorn Kernel - Jonathan Hotz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Admin - John Cochran email@example.com
- Awards Chair - John Cochran firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goshen - Ross Morrison, John Cochran
- Day Camp - Monique Chimento